Member recipe by paulc007
- 1 medium chicken (about 1.6kg)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Sage, Tarragon, Thyme, Rosemary, Parsley. Extra if required Lemon, Garlic, Onions and Honey.
- Preheat the oven to 220ËC. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the chicken, breast-side down. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the water and pat thoroughly dry.
- Put the chicken in a roasting tin and rub with oil. Season generously, both inside and out, and add any flavourings you're using to the cavity. Tip a couple of millimetres of water or stock into the bottom of the tin, and put into the oven for 1 hour â 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
- 10 minutes before the end of cooking, turn up the oven temperature to 250ËC to help crisp the skin. Keep an eye on it to prevent it burning.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…