Member recipe by mazzyb
Enjoy this classic, warming desert guilt-free with custard, and you'll just keep coming back for more!
- 5 heaped tbsp margarine/butter
- 2 heaped tbsp caster sugar
- 10 heaped tbsp wholemeal/plain flour
- 55g oats
- 2 heaped tbsp brown sugar
- 5-6 apples
- 3 tbsp any flavour juice (EG cherry, pineapple etc)
- Splash of water
- Custard to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/180C.
- Put the butter/margarine, flour, oats and caster sugar in bowl and mix, trying to make a breadcrumb consistency. Try to make little crumbs, but not too small that it is like powdered crumble.
- In a large dish, put the apples in when chopped into little cubes, then add the brown sugar, juice, and splash of water in and mix in the dish.
- When ready, pour the crumble over the top of the apple mixture before putting into the oven to bake for 25-40 minutes, or until apples are soft and crumble is golden.
- Leave to cool, serve with custard, and enjoy!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…