Herbs Summer Salad
Member recipe by ollyherb
- 100g Penne Pasta
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- Handful of Basil roughly chopped
- 5-6 Mint leaves roughly chopped
- ½ red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- tbsp mixed seeds crushed
- handful of rocket
- handful of spinach
- tbsp butter
- tbsp balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 20g parmesan
- add salt and a drop of olive oil to a pan of water and bring to the boil. Once boiling add the pasta.
- while the pasta is cooking, roughly chop your basil and mint leaves. slide the thyme leaves from the stalk. finely chop the chilli. and crush the mixed seeds in a pestle and mortar. Add all these ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Add your rocket and spinach to the bowl aswell. mix well with the tips of your fingers
- Add the butter and balsamic vinegar to a saucpan. When the butter starts to melt add the mixing bowl ingredients. stir well untill all the butter has melted and all the ingredients are coated. Take off the heat and add salt and pepper to season. leave it to cool.
- when the pasta is cooked according to the packet guidelines drain with a colinder. Mix the pasta with the salad
- spoon the salad into bowls and grate the parmesan over the top.
- And there you have a fresh summer salad that will leave you wanting more...
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…