Black forest cake
Member recipe by kukskitchen
A piece of the soft black forest cake is one that no one can resist. Presented is my take on the classic which gives best results each time.
- 1. Butter - 180 g
- Sugar - 1 3/4cup
- 2. Eggs -3 medium sized
- 3. Plain flour - 1/2 cup
- Baking powder - 3 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Cocoa powder/ drinking choc - 2/3 cup
- 4. Instant coffee powder - 3 tsp
- Red food colour - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- 5. Black cherry conserve or any preserve ( make sure its not too sweet)
- 6. whipped cream - 2 cups
- chocolate shavings - 1/2 cup
- glazed cherries - 8
- Mix (1) together with hand mixer/ planetary mix . Add eggs one by one to this mixing well after each addition.
- Mix (3) well. Add this to the above mixture, red food colour, coffee powder in water and milk all adding half first and then second half till they combine well.
- Remember to only fold while getting the dry and wet ingredients together
- Transfer to 2 cake dishes and bake for 45 mts at 180 degreeC
- Join the two cakes using black cherry conserve
- Ice using whipped cream, choc shavings/cake crumps and cherries.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…