Member recipe by poshbirds
Duckingham Palace Scrambled Egg - this is a breakfast fit for a queen!
- 2 Posh Birds Ivory Duchess duck eggs
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1 knob butter
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 50g smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 tsp caviar
- 2 slithers truffles (optional)
- Carefully remove the top of the eggs and pour out the contents into a small bowl. Wash and keep the egg shells.
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes or until cooked but still retain their crunch.
- Lightly beat the eggs with the cream. Add the butter to the small pan and melt gently. Add the eggs and cream to the pan, stir, season with salt and white pepper and cook over a low heat until scrambled but still creamy.
- Stand the empty egg shells into an elegant egg cup and carefully spoon the scrambled egg into the shell. Top with the smoked salmon and finish with the caviar and the truffles. Serve with the asparagus.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…