Curried Parsnip & Apple Soup
Member recipe by garydaw
- 700g Parsnips (chopped)
- 40g Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 litre Veg Stock
- 1 Apple
- 1 tsp Ground Corriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 6 Cardamon Pods (remove pods and crush black seeds)
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the butter and oil in a heavy pot, cook the onions until they are soft.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for 2 mins
- Add the parsnips, stock and season. Leave to simmer for about 30-40 mins or until the parsnips are soft.
- Liquidize the soup.
- Peel and grate the apple, add to the soup and simmer for another 2-3 mins and then serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…