Rebecca's revamped Carbonara
Member recipe by rebeccanorstrom
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 50g frozen peas, defrosted
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 200g creme fraiche
- 6 rashers bacon, cut into small chunks
- 1 egg beaten
- 150g spaghetti
- 25g parmesan cheese
- Boil a pan of salted water and cook spaghetti following packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a large pan or wok. Add the onion and garlic and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the bacon and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes until the mushrooms soften and the bacon is crisp.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, creme fraiche, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper together until it's combined and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the vegetables and bacon. Pour over the egg mixture along with the defrosted peas and gently combine all the ingredients over a medium heat for 1 minute.
- Serve with extra parmesan and black pepper to taste.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…