Shrimps in a Pumpkin
Member recipe by poodah
- 1000 grams of medium size shrimp
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 5 tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can of double cream
- 300 grams of cream cheese
- A large pumpkin
- Parsley to taste
- Take the pumpkin, remove its top and seeds, wash it and wrap it in foil. Put it inside the over for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a pan, heat the olive oil and stir-fry the garlic, onion and the shrimp for 5 to 10 minutes. Then add the chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste â you can put 3 spoons of mustard if you want to give it a distinctive taste. Fry all the mix for another 5 to 10 minutes and add the double cream. Turn off the pan.
- After the pumpkin is ready, remove it from the oven, spread the cream cheese within it, and then pour the shrimp mix inside. Parsley goes on top for decoration and flavor. Serve it on the table, for people to help themselves right there in the pumpkin.
- A typical dish from Bahia, northeast of Brazil. Get the most of Brazilian Food with your kindle!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…