Member recipe by sare1983
- 2 Thick Rump Steaks ( I use Sainsbury's British Rump Steak, Taste the Difference 572g)
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Dipping Sauce:
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Add marinade ingredients together in a large flat dish, add the steaks and marinade for 30 mins, turning the steaks once during that time to make sure they are well coated.
- Meanwhile, mix the dipping sauce ingredients together. It should be a blend between sweet, salty, sour and spicy. If it needs more salt, add a little more fish sauce. If too sour, add more sugar. If too sweet, add more lemon juice. Needs more spice, add more chillis
- Grill the steaks for 4 mins each side for medium steaks
- Place the steaks on a plate and cover. Rest for 5 mins. Slice into strips, then rest for 5 more mins covered
- Drain off any blood (which should be quite abit), and serve
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…