Chicken Tortilla Pie
Member recipe by abbeyloveys
Chicken bake pot with veg and tortillas. Lovely, warm and filling!
- 1 1/2 boneless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch of mixed herbs
- 1 can diced tomatos
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups grated cheese
- 4 tortillas cut into quarters
- 3 tb spoons
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, use a little oil to make the salt and pepper to stick
- Heat a large skillet or pan on medium heat. Add oil for 30 seconds. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until light brown (10 mins). Add onion and cook til translucent (2-3 mins). Add garlic and mixed herbs. Reduce to a medium-low heat and cook, stir frequently until meat is coated and spices are fragrant (2-3 mins)
- Add tomatos and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until chicken is tender, 25-30 mins.
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Spread 1 - 2 cups chicken mixture in baking dish and top with 4 - 8 tortilla quarters. Add another 1 - 2 cups chicken mixture, top with 1 1/2 cups of cheese and 4 - 8 tortilla quarters. Top with remaining chicken mixture and then remaining cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and sauce bubbling (30 mins)
- Serve hot and with veg, personal suggestion of peas and or carrots. Any left over veg you have left over can always be thrown into the next pie. Perfect for diabetics!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…