Member recipe by niceguybut
- 2 rashers smoked bacon, cut into 1cm strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g lean steak mince
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 100g tomato puree
- 500ml beef stock
- 1 glass red wine
- a dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- Italian herb seasoning and black pepper to taste
- Fry the bacon in the oil until the fat starts to be released, then add the onion and stir until the onion starts to become translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the mince and cook until the mince is browned.
- Add the other ingredients to the pan then reduce the hob to a low-medium heat, and simmer for about an hour until the sauce has reduced to a rich, thick consistency, stirring from time to time to ensure it doesn't stick to the pan. If you're pushed for time you can just add a crumbled beef stock cube rather than liquid stock.
- Season to taste and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…