Salmon & Mushy Pea Fishcakes
Member recipe by cannedfood
- 418g can wild red salmon, drained
- 300g can marrowfat processed peas, drained
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 egg, beaten
- Breadcrumbs for coating
- Oil for frying
- Green salad
- Tartare sauce
- Boil the potatoes until soft, drain very well, mash and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon in a large bowl; remove any large bones and skin.
- Add the marrowfat peas and mashed potato and mix together well.
- Divide into 8 portions, and shape into a fishcake shape, place on a baking sheet, cover and chill.
- Brush the fishcake with egg and coat well with breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry the fishcakes for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…