- 400g can mixed bean in water, drained
- 400g can chickpea, drained
- 50g mature cheddar, grated
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
Also known as corn on the cob, sweetcorn is composed of rows of tightly packed golden yellow…
- 8 jalapeno chilli slices from a jar, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- small handful coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 cherry tomato, quartered
- ½ red onion, sliced
- juice ½ lime
The same shape, but smaller than…
- mixed salad leaves, to serve (optional)
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Put the beans and chickpeas in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Tip into a bowl and add the cheese, sweetcorn, jalapeños, egg and half the coriander. Season, mix well to combine, then shape into 8 patties.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the patties for 4 mins on each side – you may have to do this in batches. Keep them warm in the oven as you go.
Mix the tomatoes, onion, remaining coriander and lime juice with a little salt. Serve the cakes with salsa and salad leaves, if you like.