Chocolate peanut cookies
Member recipe by imcalledash
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies with a crunchy edge and soft core with just a hint of delicious peanut butter.
- 290g all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 225g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 100g granulated sugar
- 220g light brown sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 340g chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 4 (350 F/180 C). Put the flour and baking powder in a bowl to one side.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter, sugar (both kinds) and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. This takes around 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add the vanilla extract, eggs and salt, mixing for 1 minute or until well blended.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until well combined. Then stir in the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon.
- Shape the dough into balls a little bigger than a walnut and place them on a baking tray covered in grease proof paper. Space each one roughly 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning the tray halfway through. When done, the cookies should be a pale golden brown on the edge and soft in the middle.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a wire wrack to cool fully.
- They'll store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…