Green lentils with leeks
Member recipe by thebraininjane
- 1 large leek (chopped)
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 cup of rinsed green lentils (lentils de puy are best)
- 2 cups of liquid (1/4 cup white wine, with the rest water)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon
- Cream (optional)
- Sauté the leeks in the butter until soft in a large pan.
- Add the lentils with the liquid.
- Cover and let cook for 20-30 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Season with salt & pepper, and a squeeze of lemon if you like.
- Add a dallop of cream if you're feeling decadent. This recipe goes wonderfully with salmon.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…