Member recipe by jenthesheep
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
- For the cakes
- 110g unsalted butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 30g flavouring (lemon zest, cocoa poweder) or 6 drops of vanilla essence
- 2 eggs whisked
- 110g self-raising flour
- For the buttercream
- 140g unsalted butter softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- food colouring
- flavouring if desired
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add your chosen flavouring.
- Add the whisked eggs to the mixture. Slowly fold in the self-raising flour and spoon the mixture into paper cases.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes until risen and bouncy to touch. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining icing sugar and 1tbps of the milk and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth. Beat in more milk if necessary to loosen the mixture.
- Stir in the food colouring until well combined.
- Decorate your cup cakes.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…