Smoked Salmon Omelette
Member recipe by stephaniecave
- 2 Egg Whites
- 30g Smoked Salmon, chopped
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Dill (Fresh or dried)
- Crack two eggs in a bowl, discarding the yolks. (re-use these if you want!). Give the whites a quick whisk with a fork to add some air.
- Add the smoked salmon, pepper, dill and mix.
- For oil, I put the tiniest amount on a piece of kitchen towel and coat a quality non stick frying pan. Heat the pan, and when hot, turn the heat down and pour in the egg whites mixture. After a couple of minutes or so, flip over and cook for another minute or so.
- This recipe is fantastic if you are on a diet. It contains around 80 calories for the whole thing (egg whites contain about 17 calories per medium egg so leaving out the yolks drastically reduces calories) and is an excellent form of protein that keeps you full for several hours. I have this for my breakfast every day and apart from a cuppa mid morning, don't need anything to eat until lunch time.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…