Member recipe by coolchick9898
my recipe is very simple recipe to make pancakes..therefore if you follow the recipe then you will have shown me you can cook with a simple recipe. y
- 4oz (100g) plain flour.
- Half a Pint (250ml) of milk.
- 1 Standard Egg. (Size 2)
- Pinch of Salt (half teaspoon)
- Making the Pancake Batter 1.Sieve the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Make a small hollow in the center of the mixture and drop in the egg (not the shell). 2.Begin to mix while gradually adding about one quarter of the milk. Continue to mix well until bubbles become visible in the mixture. 3.Gradually pour in the remaining milk while continuing to mix. (if it's a bit too thick - then add a little water.) 4.Pour batter into a jug for easier pouring into pan. Making the Pancakes
- 1.Heat the frying pan, and place a small piece of lard/fat in the Center. Allow this to melt and spread over the pan. 2.Get the pan nice & hot and when the lard begins to smoke slightly, stir and pour in some of the batter - approx 30ml or 2 tablespoons, or enough to thinly cover the bottom of the pan. (tilt the pan to help the batter spread evenly)
- 3.Cook until nicely golden brown on the bottom. (shouldn't take too long)
- 4.And now the only tricky bit of the whole operation - toss / flip the pancake to within an inch of the kitchen ceiling and position the pan to perfectly catch the pancake on the way down - cooked side up, easy. (you could of course just turn it over with a big plastic spoon, but where's the fun in that? ;-) 5.Cook the other side until nicely golden brown. 6.Serve immediately with sugar, syrup, lemon or orange poured on top.
- 7.err.... eat the thing, anyway you want. (tip - when frying never turn the pancake more than once.) Easy pancake recipe - Topping ideas Strawberries Lemon Orange Juice Honey, Maple Syrup, Golden Syrup Grated Cheese (grilled) Sugar Raspberries Chocolate Sauce, Blueberry sauce - plus more or less anything you care to try.
- and then enjoy and add any topping you want