Fresh ginger beer
Member recipe by coconutraita
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Glasses
A zingy, fiery drink perfect for those wishing to celebrate the party season without alcohol
- * 200 grams ginger
- * 3 lemons
- * 4 heaped teaspoons of moscovado sugar
- * 1 litre sparkling mineral water
- Remove the skin of the ginger and grate coarsely into a large bowl.
- Cut the peel of one lemon into large strips taking care to avoid the pith and add this and the juice of all three lemons into the bowl.
- Add the moscovado sugar and stir the mixture thoroughly taking care to remove any lumps of sugar.
- Then add the sparkling mineral water and stir again.
- Leave the liquid for half an hour for the flavours to infuse and then using a sieve (to remove the ginger and lemon peel) pour the mixture into a jug filled with ice and serve immediately.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…