Member recipe by rickwest020
Tiger prawns in garlic, olive oil and chili. Not for the faint hearted.
- 1kg Tiger prawns peeled, tail on
- 4 red chili peppers
- 10 dried spanish peppers
- 6 bulbs of garlic = 60 to 70 pieces of garlic
- cooking olive oil, enough to cover all the garlic and peppers
- bread preferably bake of Ciabatta, 2
- peel and slice all the garlic. Slice the peppers into big pieces.
- place the garlic and peppers in a large frying pan and cover with the oil.
- put on a very low light so that the peppers nd garlic are lightly cooking. While you are doing this bake the bread following baking instructions.
- stir gently now and again until the garlic and peppers are soft. (never high hest you will burn the garlic)
- strain the oil off keeping the garlic and peppers apart. Put the oil back in the frying pan and put on high.
- when the oil is nearly smoking put the prawns in for around 5 minutes. Just before they are ready put the peppers and garlic back in the pan for another two minutes. Serve in a deep plate just with bread.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…