Member recipe by juicyb
- 5-6 medium sized pototoes
- 1 large onion sliced finely
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 chillies de-seeded and chopped (optional)
- few corriander leaves chopped
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- little oil for frying
- boil potatoes and leave to cool
- fry mustard seed in oil till pops
- add onions and fry till slightly brown. Put in turmeric and and water
- add chillies and salt & pepper
- chop potatoes into bite size pieces and add to mix
- stir till well coated and cover for 5 mins.
- lift lid and add lemon juice and coriander and let steam for another 5 mins.
- serve as side dish or with " puri" or chapattis or parathas.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…