Almond Heart-Shaped Biscuits
Member recipe by emmawildcard
- 100 grams Softened Butter unsalted
- 100 grams Caster Sugar (Silver Spoon Homegrown)
- 1 Happy Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Silver Spoon Cakecraft Natural Almond Extract
- 275 grams Plain White Flour (Allinson Nature Friendly)
- For the decoration:
- 400 grams Royal Icing Sugar
- Pink Food Colour (Silver Spoon Cakecraft)
- Sugar Flowers
- For the biscuits: heat the oven to 190C,375F, gas 5. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and almond extract, a little at a time, until well combined. Stir in the flour and mix to a dough.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1 cm / 1/2\" thick. Using heart shaped cookie cutters, cut shapes out of the dough and carefully place onto the baking tray.
- Bake the biscuits for 8-12 minutes, until pale golden. Leave on the baking tray for 5 minutes to firm up, then place on a wire rack to cool.
- For the icing: sift the icing sugar into a large bowl and stir in water as directed on the packet to create a smooth mixture. Stir in the food colouring.
- Carefully spread the icing on the biscuits and place a sugar flower on each biscuit before the icing sets.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…