Spicy Cheese Pie
Member recipe by thebraininjane
- 225g grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 225g grated mild cheese
- 350mL half n' half or light cream
- 75mL flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 jar of salsa (about 450g), your choice of hotness
- 1 jar or can of green chilies, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Grease a large pie pan or rectangular pan. Mix the grated cheeses and spread them over the bottom of the pan.
- Add the flour to the cream using a sifter or strainer and whisk well. YOU DO NOT WANT LUMPS! Whisk in the eggs.
- Pour the cream, flour & egg mixture over the cheese in the pan (if there are lumps, strain the mixture as you pour it).
- Combine salsa and chilies and spread gently by spoonfuls over the top of the pie.
- Place on a baking sheet (it often overflows) and bake at 175C for an hour and 10 minutes (though it might be a bit longer depending on how hot your oven is). The top should be nice and brown when it is done. Cover and store in the refrigerator (can last for up to 5 days).
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…