Lentils with butternut squash
Member recipe by tweety_anja
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 red onions
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- olive oil
- 100g lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 rashers smoked bacon
- 3 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 bunch parsley
- juice and zest of a lemon
- salt and pepper
- Peel the squash and the onions and cut into large chunks. Place the squash and the onions in a roasting tin. Scatter with cumin seeds and toss in olive oil. Cook at 180C/ Gas 4 for 40 minutes until soft and charred.
- Meanwhile, place lentils in a pan and cover with water. Add the bay leaf and bacon, bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 20-25 minutes. Drain, discarding bacon and bay, and combine with squash and onions.
- In a bowl, mix the yoghurt, vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil. Stir into the lentils with the herbs, zest and juice.
- Season and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…