Member recipe by kenzas
- 50g butter
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed and roughly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 litre stock, chicken, vegetable or made from the bones of your Christmas bird
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based pot over a medium-low heat. Add the celeriac, leek, potato, garlic and onion, season generously, and gently sweat the vegetables until they're all starting to soften (this will take about 10 minutes).
- Add the stock, bring the soup up to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the celeriac is completely tender. Liquidise until smooth, return to the pan and reheat over a medium flame. Just before serving, check the soup for seasoning and serve.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…