Sweet Potato Chilli Wedges
Member recipe by seawat
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Portions
- 4 moderately sized sweet potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Dried or fresh Chillies (and chilli powder to season)
- Olive Oil
- Start by peeling and slicing the sweet potatoes into managable 'oven chip-sized' mouthfuls.
- finely Chop the Chillies and the Garlic, and add together in a bowl, with about 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190/200C/fan = 400F = gas mark 6. spread the sliced sweet potato chips onto a tray for baking, and pour the chilli and garlic mixture over.
- With your hands, toss the sweet potato within the oil so that the wedges are evenly covered and the chillies and garlic are quite evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle chilli powder over (depending on how spicy you like your food) and season with salt before putting into the oven.
- On the middle shelf, bake for 15 mins or longer for a crispier wedge.
- Serve immediately, either to compliment a dinner, or they are just as delicious on their own, served with tzatztiki!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…