Member recipe by robochoc
- 1kg baking potatoes
- 300ml double cream or creme fraiche
- 500ml whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 150g grated gruyere or emmental cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to season
- Ground nutmeg
- Peel the potatoes and slice into 2-3mm slices using a food processor.
- Butter the insides of the baking dish and rub over some garlic.
- Beat the eggs then mix together with the cream, milk. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and mix in the garlic.
- Arrange a layer of potato slices on the base of the dish. Sprinkle some of the grated cheese. Cover with some of the egg / cream / milk mix. Repeat until the dish is full, finishing off with a layer of cheese and the remaining egg/milk mix.
- Cook in a slow oven 160C / fan 140C / gas 3 for at least one hour until the potatoes are tender.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…