Andalusian Flamenco Eggs
Member recipe by louise_fro
Perfect if friends drop in or after an exhausting day at the sales this traditional Andalusian meal is bursting full of healthy tomatoes and peppers and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g fresh tomatoes grated on a cheese grater
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 eggs
- 8 slices of serrano ham
- 8 thin slices of chorizo
- 1 Cup of frozen peas (defrosted and drained)
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- You'll also need 4 medium sized ramekins
- Make a sofrito by frying the onion and peppers slowly in the olive oil, when they're soft add the garlic (approx. 10min).
- Continue to fry briefly until the garlic releases its aroma then add the tomatoes and smoked paprika and fry the sofrito gently for 15 min. Season to taste.
- Divide the sofrito into 4 ramekins, break 2 eggs on top of each and place 2 slices of ham, 2 slices of chorizo and a handful of peas on top.
- Preheat oven to 200C and bake the ramekins for about 10 mins or until the eggs are set but still runny.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…