Member recipe by kingcarp2310
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Squares
- 175g (6oz) margarine
- 175g (6oz) Demerara sugar
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 225g (8oz) rolled oats or porridge oats
- a shallow tin 18 x 27cm (7 x 11in) tin
- put tin on greaseproof paper and draw around it. cut out the oblong just inside of the line.
- Grease the bottom of the cake tin. then add the greaseproof paper and grease the paper. turn oven to 160c/ 325f/ gas mark 3.
- put margarine in a large pan with sugar and syrup. melt the margarine gently. do not allow the mixture to boil.
- take the pan off the heat, add the oats and stir them well so the oats are covered in the mixture.
- spoon the oats into the tin. spread them all over the bottom, then smooth the top with a metal spoon.
- put tin on the middle shelf in your oven and bake for 25 minutes until the oats are golden brown.
- take the tin out of the oven and leave for ten minutes. cut the mixture into pieces. leave them in the tin until they are cold.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…