Member recipe by actonsilly
- 3 egg whites
- 2tbs caster sugar
- 150g ( 1 1/4 cup) gluten free -cornfluor
- 100g (1/2cup) crystallised ginger chopped fine.
- 100g(3/4 cup) crushed pistachio nuts
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Per heat oven 180oC grease a 9x16 cm loaf tin and line base & side with baking paper.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar. Beat until mixture is thick and glossy. Fold in cornflour ginger and pistachio and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared baking tin & bake for 30 min, or until golden brown and firm to touch. Cool in tin until cool to touch.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150oC. Cut length ways and in half then icm fingers. place in a single layer on tray and bake for 10 to 15 min, or until crispy brown.
- Cool completely on tray and store in an airtight container. Keeps 4-5 days.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…