Member recipe by samjo1
Best nut roast I have ever eaten, not dry like most nut roasts, but nutritious and very tasty and versatile
- 2 slices of bread, (made into bread crumbs)
- A few good handfuls of crushed mixed nuts (any type!)
- 3 mushrooms
- 1 chopped carrot
- half a courgette
- (or a good handful of your favourite veg)
- a can of baked beans (the asda mixed beans in tomato sauce are perfect for this, plus one of your 5 a day)
- 2sp of herbs, (I use rosemary and thyme)
- Cut up your carrot in small bits and boil until soft. While doing this make your bread crumbs, either by hand or a blender and chop the mushrooms and courgette into small bits (they will cook in the oven)
- Mix the chopped veg and boiled carrots in a bowl, add the mixed nuts and baked beans, mix well.
- Put the mixture into a loaf tin, (remember to grease the tin first)
- Put into the oven (about 200oc) for 40 to 50 minutes.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…