Aduki Bean Stew
Member recipe by micaiodice
- 125 g adzuki beans , soaked and cooked (save the cooking liquid)
- soya margarine
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped or crushed
- 1 medium leek , washed, halved lengthwise and sliced thickly
- 1 large carrot , cut into long julienne strips
- 250 g mushrooms , cut into chunks unless very small
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark vegetable stock powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (400 g) can canned tomatoes , chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- Saute the onion in the margarine until golden.
- Add the garlic, leek, carrot and mushrooms, and cook for another 5 minutes, until the vegetables are just soft.
- Mix in the paprika and flour and stir for another minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the cooked aduki beans, plus enough reserved bean cooking liquid to half-cover the ingredients.
- Stir well, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more cooking liquid if it gets too dry.
- Season with black pepper and parsley and serve.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…