Gin and Tonic Truffles
Member recipe by evelynjane
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Truffles
- 100g (31/2oz) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp gin
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter, chopped
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Heat 5cm (2in) water in a pan then place a heatproof bowl on top of the pan, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water.
- Whip the chocolate in the bowl with the cream and heat gently to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Gradually pour in the gin, lime zest and juice and the butter.
- Whisk the ingredients together until smooth and slightly thickened. Spoon into a sealable container, snap on the lid and chill overnight.
- Take teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Put on a board lined with baking parchment and chill for an hour or so.
- Sieve the cocoa into a bowl and roll the truffles in it to cover. and place them in sweet papers or a presentation box.
- Place them into sweet papers or a presentation box.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…