Sarah's Chocolate Mousse
Member recipe by albasarah
- 3 eggs, separated
- 150 g chocolate, good quality, between 35-75%
- Melt the chocolate slowly in the microwave or in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add the egg yokes to the melted chocolate and beat to a silky smooth cream.
- Gently fold in the egg whites until a smooth airy mousse is achieved.
- Divide mixture between 4 fluted glasses (eg white wine glasses) and refrigerate. Will keep overnight, but should be consumed within 24 hrs.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…