COURGETTES WITH TOMATOES
Member recipe by laurafoodmatters
Courgettes with tomatoes and bacon perfect to serve to guests at Christmas or New Year.
- Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 courgettes
- 3 soupspoons of olive oil
- 200 g bacon
- 2 onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse and dry the courgettes. Cut them into slices and saute them in a frying pan with a little olive oil for approximately 8 minutes. Season to taste.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon and in the same oil, lightly fry the strips of cut bacon and finely chopped onion. Add the chopped garlic and the peeled and chopped tomatoes.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes before adding the courgettes and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Lay out the courgettes on a plate and over the top pour the bacon and onion. Serve hot.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…