Member recipe by gracieg
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 beef stock cube, dissolved in 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- Heat the oil and gently fry the onion and garlic.
- Add the minced beef and cook until browned all over.
- Add the grated carrot, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and ketchup.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock cube, oregano and pesto. Simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with the pasta of your choice and some garlic bread.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…