Aussie Meat Pie
Member recipe by muishkas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon Vegemite
- 2 sheets frozen, ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add mince. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, or until browned.
- Mix cornflour and 1 tablespoon of stock to form a paste. Add remaining stock. Add stock, sauces and Vegemite to mince. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 8 minutes or until thick. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Grease a pie tin, and line with puff pastry.
- Fill the pie with meat, then add pastry to make a top.
- Brush with a beaten egg and press sides down to seal. Bake for approx 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…