Thai Pork Mince
Member recipe by le_tucker
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 lemon grass stalk, bashed and finely chopped
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1tbsp sugar
- 500g pork mince
- Juice 2 limes
- 1tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4tbsp soy sauce
- Bunch of spring onions chopped to serve
- Heat the oil, add the lemon grass, ginger, garlic and chilli and fry for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the sugar and mince, brown for 2 minute.
- Add the lime juice, fish sauce, vinegar and soy with 100ml cold water.
- Bring to a simmer, cook for around 5 minutes, until the mince is cooked through.
- Stir in the spring onions, and serve with rice.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…