Comforting Beef Curry
Member recipe by millblossom
Simple, tasty and fresh homemade curry, using store cupboard ingredients.
- 500g Beef stewing steak
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion sliced in thin strips
- 1 red pepper sliced in thin strips
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 tbsp madras curry paste
- 1 tsp madras curry powder
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- salt and pepper
- Serve with
- Basmati rice
- Naan bread
- You can substitute the beef for chicken or prawns.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and brown the beef.
- Add the curry paste and powder and cook out for a minute or two before adding the sliced onion and pepper.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and mango chutney to the saucepan, season with salt and pepper stir.
- Cover saucepan with lid and simmer gently for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with fluffy basmati rice and naan bread and enjoy.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…