Pea and Lavender Soup
Member recipe by lennigeorge
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25gm butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 750gm peas
- Half a teaspoon of dried lavender flowers
- three quarters of a litre vegetable stock
- Add a little salt to taste
- 125gm of double thick cream [or natural yoghurt], (for serving)
- A few lavender flowers (for decoration - about 4 per bowl)
- Gently heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan. Add the chopped onion and cook on a gentle heat until the onion is soft but not brown
- Add the lavender flowers and cook for a further minute
- Add 3/4 of the peas, and 3/4 stock. Cover the saucepan with a tight fitting lid and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a food processor, it will have a thick puree consistency
- Return the puree to the pan, season with salt pepper add the remaining peas and stock cook for a further five minutes
- Pour the soup into the bowls, add a spoon of fresh cream and sprinkle 3 or 4 flowers on top, not too many as they can be quite strong
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…