Paneer & Rice Dish!!
Member recipe by abigal
Paneer is a type of soft, crumbly cheese native to India and it has a simple, fresh, versatile flavor which makes it highly useful in an assortment of recipes.
- Ingredients for the rice are:
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- ÃÂ¼ Teaspoon Of Cumin Seed
- ÃÂ½ Pint Of Water
- 40g Of Sweet Corns
- 40g Of Peas (Optional)
- 175g Of White Rice
- 1 Level Teaspoon Of Salt
- Ingredients for the paneer are:
- ÃÂ¾ Pint Of (Cold) Water
- 1 Small Onion
- 400g Peeled Plum Tomatoes Tin
- ÃÂ½ Teaspoon Of Cumin Seeds
- 3 Tablespoon Of Olive Oil
- ÃÂ¼ Teaspoon Of Garlic
- ÃÂ¼ Teaspoon Of Ginger
- ÃÂ¼ Teaspoon Of Green Chilli
- 2 Teaspoon Of Slat
- 1 Heap Of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Of Fenugreek (Dry Herbs)
- 40g Of Peas (Optional)
- 250g Paneer (Indian cheese)
- 1 Medium Potatoes
- Equipment List - (For Both Types of Recipe)
- Baking Tray x2
- Large Bowl x2
- Wooden Spoon x2
- Fork x1
- Chopping Board x1
- Sieve x2
- Rolling Pin x2
- Pastry Cutter x2
- Cooling Tray x2
- Put 1 small pot on the gas cooker. Add 3 tbsp of olive oil and ÃÂ½ tsp of cumin seeds. Low Gas! When the oil starts to sizzle, add ÃÂ¼ tsp of garlic and 1 small grinded onion. Stir Well! Until brown. After it turns brown, add in ÃÂ½ tsp of grinded ginger and ÃÂ¼ tsp of grinded green chilli. Keep stirring.
- Grind one tin of peeled plum tomatoes, and then add it to the pan as well as 2 tbsp of salt. Keep stirring - to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Add in 2 tsp of fenugreek, ÃÂ¾ pint of water, when you added them in cut the paneer (Indian cheese) into standard size cubes. After that peel and cut the potatoes into thin triangle shapes - almost. Medium gas -ÃÂ keep stirring and make sure your table is clear.
- Place the lid half on the pot. Keep stirring the paneer mixture every two minutes.ÃÂ let it simmer whilst you're making the rice. Let it simmer until you finished making your rice. Get out ingredients for rice; 3 tbspn of olive oil, ÃÂ¼ teaspoon of cumin seeds, ÃÂ½ pint of water, 40g of sweet corn, 40g of peas (optional), 17g of white rice and 1 tsp of salt.
- Get hold of another pot to place on the gas. Add in 3 tbspn of olive oil, ÃÂ½ tspn of cumin seed. (Dont let the oil and cumin seed burn whilst washing the rice), wash 175g white rice out a couple of time the drain the water out. Make sure all the water has been drained out
- When you'ÃÂve washed the rice add in 175g white rice. Keep stirring whilst cooking. Add in 40 grams of sweet corn and 1 tspn of salt in the pot. Stir and check the paneer. When the rice turn even whiter that mean, it cooked!
- Measure ÃÂ½ pint of cold water, and pour into the pot. When you have poured in the water. Place the lid on top. Then let it bubble for a couple of minutes. Mix well Get out a plate to serve the Paneer and Rice onto when it ready.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…