easy peasy gingersnaps
Member recipe by little-chef2
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Biscuits
an easy recipe for yummy gingersnaps, all done in about 30 minutes!
- 50g butter (salted or unsalted)
- 50g light brown sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 113g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180 degrees(c).
- line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, grease with a bit of sunflower oil using a pastry brush.
- put the butter, golden syrup and sugar into a saucepan, heat gently and stir with a wooden spoon until the butter has melted into the syrup and sugar mixture.
- sift the flour, ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda into the saucepan and stir into the syrup mixture until it forms a soft smooth dough.
- take 1 teaspoon at a time of the dough roll into a ball and place on the baking tray, make sure they are spaced about 5cm apart each.
- bake the biscuits in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the tops are starting to crack and brown.
- cool for 5 minutes then loosen off the greaseproof paper, place in a biscuit tin or container of your choice lined with greaseproof of kitchen paper.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…