Foolproof Yorkshire Puddings
Member recipe by andyrvtr
This recipe was given to me by my Mam many years ago and it has never let me down.
- 4 tablespoons of plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 tablespoons each of cold water & cold milk
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add in a pinch of salt. Mix 1 beaten egg, 4 tablespoons each of water & milk into a jug, then add to the flour & salt mixing continually, beat well with a 'wooden' spoon until a smooth runny batter, is obtained. This mix is sufficient for 2 people, if more is required simply multiply the mix.
- This is the important part, leave the mixture to stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 230C and when hot add 1/2tsp of fat to each tin and place the tin into hot oven, when the fat is smoking hot then add your mixture. Tip: Keep fat used from previously cooked pork/beef sausages in your fridge until required, this adds a fantastic flavour.
- Cook in the hot oven for approx 15-20 minutes if using small bun tins and 30-35mins if using large tins.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…