Chewy chocolate chip cookies
Member recipe by nicki_888
- 250g plain flour
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 170g butter
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees centigrade
- Sieve flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda together.
- In separate bowl melt butter, and mix in sugar, vanilla, egg and egg yolk.
- Add to flour mix, and stir in chocolate chips.
- Place tablespoons of mix onto lined baking trays, shape about half an inch thick. Chill in fridge for half an hour to keep their shape for baking.
- Cook for 10/15 mins until lightly golden. Cool and serve!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…