Lemon Sole in a wine sauce
Member recipe by millzey
Baked lemon sole in a creamy white wine sauce accompanied with grapes.
- 4 large or 8 smaller fillets of sole, whiting or any other white fish
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 pint milk
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 cup green seeded grapes
- 1 lemon
- GrapesRoll or fold the fillets of fish, put into a greased baking dish and season with salt and pepper and a sprinkle of thyme. Pour over half the'butter and the wine. Add the grapes, cover and cook in a moderate oven 350ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ°F (180ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ°C) for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the remainder of the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and continue stirring over a low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and bring to the boil and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Lift the fish onto a hot plate and strain the remaining liquid from the fish into the sauce. Stir in the cream and heat again without boiling. Pour over the baked fish.
- Serve and garnish with sliced lemon and some grapes (optional).
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…