Member recipe by tomc17
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Slices
- 125g Butter
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml milk
- Brown sugar, for sprinkling
- Vanilla extract. 1 cap
- Pre-heat oven to 160 C, Gas mark 4
- Grease a loaf tin.
- Melt the butter sugar and the vanilla extract in a saucepan. DO NOT BURN
- Remove From heat and add the mashed bananas. Mix Well.
- Add the egg. Mix Well.
- Stir in the flour and milk. Pour half the flour and have the milk and stir. Then add the rest of the flour and the milk and Mix Well
- Pour in loaf tin, sprinkle brown sugar on top
- Bake for 35mins, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5-10mins. Run a knife round the edge of the cake. Take out tin.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…