Pimp My Piri Piri Poussin
Member recipe by good_chef
An Italian take on piri piri chicken. Exotic and lovely - a real crowd-pleasing dish.
- 2 poussins, spatchcocked
- 90g unearthed 'Nduja
- 1 good tomato, peeled deseeded & diced
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano leaves + some for serving
- 2 tbsp good red wine vinegar
- Peel the tomatoes by carving a cross in the base through the skin and submerging in boiling water for 15 - 30 seconds, until the skin starts to peel away. Remove the seeds and chop into fine dice.
- Saute over a low - medium heat for about 10 minutes until the tomato softens. Add the unearthed 'Nduja and stir until dissolved through. Add the vinegar and oregano.
- Allow to cool and spread over the skin of the poussins. Massage into the skin and leave to marinade in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours or overnight if you have time.
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Roast the poussins for 35 to 40 minutes checking on them and basting them halfway though. The sausage can get a bit crispy but basting prevents this.
- Serve with some fresh oregano sprinkled on top, and enjoy, they're delicious!
- Recipe created by Eat Like A Girl
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…