Member recipe by lucuma
ServingsServes 1 - 53 Pieces
- -100g or a generous 1/3 cup of unsalted butter.
- -100g or 7 tbsp caster (superfine) sugar.
- -1 egg
- -200g or 2 cups of plain (all-purpose) flour.
- -50g or 1/4 cup of Lucuma powder.
- To decorate:
- -Icing sugar
- Lightly grease a baking tray or line with baking paper. Beat together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- Sift together the flour and Lucuma powder and gradually beat in to form a soft dough. Use your fingers to incorporate the last of the flour and bring the dough together. Make a ball, wrap with cling film and put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Break pieces from the dough and roll into thin sausage shapes about 10cm/4 inches long and 6mm thick. Twist into pretzel shapes by making a circle, then twist the ends through each other to form a letter "B".
- Place on the prepared baking tray, slightly spaced apart to allow for spreading during cooking.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 190C/375F/Gas mark 5, for 8-12 minutes (not more or they'll probably burn). The smell coming from the oven is just incredible.... and believe me, all your neighbours will be queuing up outside your door :-) Leave the pretzels to cool slightly on the baking tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle them with icing sugar, or instead you can mix icing sugar and Lucuma powder to sprinkle your pretzels.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…