Belvoir's Thai Pea Soup
Member recipe by mustardcomms
A delicious hot soup with a spicy kick, perfect for the cold winter months.
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 lemongrass stalks bashed
- 800ml chicken stock
- 2 rounded tsp Thai red
- curry paste
- 3tbsl of Belvoir Fruit Farms Organic Ginger Cordial
- 250g frozen peas
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 2tbsp thai fish sauce
- 4tbsp freshly
- squeezed lime juice
- (about 2 limes)
- 4 spring onions
- 12 large sprigs of fresh chopped coriander leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Fry the onion and garlic in the groundnut oil till translucent. Add the lemongrass and red curry paste and cook for a further three minutes.
- Add the stock and Belvoir Fruit FarmsÃ¢ÂÂ ginger cordial and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Skim the red oil off the surface and fish out the lemongrass stalks. Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the contents into a liquidiser and blend until smooth.
- Just before serving add the coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice to the mixture.
- Season to taste. Sprinkle a few chopped spring onions and some fresh coriander over each bowl of soup and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…