Blackcurrant Yogurt Ice
Member recipe by joblogs
- 175g / 6 oz blackcurrants, fresh, frozen or canned
- 75 ml / 3 fl oz water
- 75 g / 3 oz granulated sugar
- 275 ml / 10 fl oz plain yogurt
- If using fresh or frozen blackcurrants, place them in a stainless steel saucepan with the water and sugar, cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes. Rub the soft berries through a nylon sieve together with their juices. If using canned blackcurrants, just sieve them with their syrup. Combine the blackcurrant purÃÂ©e with the yogurt.
- For best results, freeze in an electric ice maker. If you do not have an ice cream maker, transfer the mixture to a stainless steel or enamel bowl and freeze for 1 hour or until the mixture begins to freeze around the edges.
- Whisk well to break down the ice crystal evenly. Return to freezer and freeze for a further 1-1 1/2 hours, whisking every 20 minutes, until firm.
- Transfer the yogurt to a plastic container, cover and store in the ice compartment of your refrigerator until ready to serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…